Academic Deans’ Services is an office that assists students in reaching their academic potential, attaining their undergraduate degrees, and realizing their human promise as citizens of a global community. Academic Deans’ Services primary mission is:
- To provide accurate and comprehensive information about L&S academic rules and procedures for L&S undergraduate students, faculty, staff, and other interested parties.
- Approve and process thousands of changes to L&S undergraduate registration and records each term.
- Make discretionary decisions regarding the interpretation and implementation of College policy as it relates to individual cases and manage appeals of related concerns.
- Participate in the development and evolution of L&S College Policy.
- Provide backup and troubleshooting skills for L&S situations involving academic policy and records issues.
L&S Undergraduate Academic Deans’ Services also works:
- To provide services, information, and support to L&S undergraduate students, faculty, staff, and other constituencies engaged in educational programs, policies, and outreach
- To assist campus-wide efforts to integrate a variety of voices into the University community in order to offer a welcoming, supportive, and responsive campus climate