All College of Letters & Science (L&S) undergraduate students are required to declare at least one (1) L&S major in order to graduate. Each L&S undergraduate major/specialized degree program has information on how to declare or qualify for the specific major or specialized degree program in the Guide. In order to declare an L&S major or special degree program, you should:
- Find your particular major or specialized degree program in the Guide.
- Select the B.A. option (if you are pursuing the Bachelor of Arts degree) or B.S. option (if you are pursuing the Bachelor of Science degree) for your major. If you are interested in declaring and/or qualifying for one of the L&S specialized degree programs (i.e., AMEP, BLA, BMUS, BSW, JBA, JBS), select that option for additional information.
- Go to the “How to Get in” tab for the major(s) you wish to declare.
- Follow the instructions on the “How to Get in” tab in order to declare your major or specialized degree program.
- If you need additional guidance regarding the major or specialized degree program, refer to the “Advising and Careers” tab for the major or specialized degree program to get help from the major advisor.
You can find additional information regarding majors for L&S undergraduate students at: