Your appeal is not complete and will not be considered unless you submit an appeal statement. The deadline to submit your appeals statement is 11:59 pm (CT), Thursday, June 2, 2022.
Upload your appeal statement and any supporting material to the Box folder link included in the e-mail sent by our office in response to your request to appeal. (If you have not yet requested an appeal, please do so using this form .)
Your appeal folder is individual; access to it is limited to you and L&S Deans’ authorized staff for purposes of your appeal. All submitted materials will be shared with the L&S Faculty Appeals committee with whom you will meet. L&S Deans are not able to keep reports of sexual assault and certain other incidents confidential. Such information disclosed to our office through an appeal will be provided to the proper office for investigation.
Please submit your appeal statement as a Word document.
If you did not receive (or have misplaced) a link to upload your materials, please contact L&S Academic Deans’ Services at LSDEANS@SAA.LS.WISC.EDU.
If you experience problems submitting your materials to your appeal folder, please attach your documents to an e-mail and sent them to LSDEANS@SAA.LS.WISC.EDU.
Immediate Readmission Appeal Criteria
A committee of Letters and Science faculty and academic deans will read the material you provide, meet with you, and then make a decision about whether you may be immediately readmitted to continue your studies at UW-Madison. Making this decision, the committee primarily considers:
- Demonstrated awareness of and insight into the factors that impeded your academic success
- Concrete evidence that the circumstances that interfered with academic progress have been addressed or resolved
- Likelihood that you will be academically successful in the immediately upcoming term
Your appeal statement is your main opportunity to help the appeal committee understand what specific and concrete changes you have made to resolve the issues or circumstances that got in the way of your academic success over the past several months. It is helpful to focus on specific examples and on changes and plans that are already in place, to the extent possible.
For your appeal statement, please answer these questions in a Word document of no more than 750 words:
- What factors and/or circumstances that interfered with your academic success?
- How you have addressed these circumstances? What specific changes have you made?
- Why do you believe you have a realistic change at academic success in the fall, if immediately readmitted?
Please include, in a separate Word document:
- Specific plans for completing your degree, including specific courses you plan to take if readmitted
- Alternative plans if you are not readmitted to UW-Madison
You may, but are not required to, include supporting documentation with your appeals materials. For instance:
- Documentation of the factors contributing to your dropped status
- Documentation proving that you have addressed/resolved the factors or circumstances that contributed to your dropped status
- Documentation that addresses the reasons you believe you have a realistic chance of success if immediately readmitted to continue your studies